IAE offers three unique audit preparation services. These services will educate and prepare your current and future management teams, staffs and students in preparation for their roles as audit clients. These services are based on many years of my conducting audits, interfacing with internal and external audit organizations and teaching controls and auditing concepts including the do’s and don’ts of audit engagement. The three main educational offerings are: Auditing Financial Statements, Auditing Information Systems and Conducting Mock Audits.
Each of the above entails one week of education. The pre-requisite for participating in Mock Audits is the completion of one of the weekly courses in either Auditing Financial Statements or Auditing Information Systems. The Mock Audit participation makes little or no sense unless the participant is first educated in the audit process and control basics.
1) Review of material, logistics and rehearsals with executive management will take place,if requested, approximately one month prior to the classes, leaving time for modifications and changes to be made, if warranted.
2) Classes are limited in size to 20 students.
3) All sessions will cover 4 hour days over 2 weeks.
4) All sessions will take place at the client's location or can be conducted remotely via zoom.
5) Educational services will be restricted to Northern New Jersey or New York City if conducted at the client's location with no restrictions on location, if conducted remotely.
6) All handouts and exercise materials will be provided by IAE.
7) All visual aid equipment and appropriate educational facilities will be supplied by the client.
8) The price for a 40 hour session will be $600 per student
9) The 40 hour session will be spread over 2 weeks with 20 hours each week. A two week approach with half day sessions each day will be beneficial so that the first week the students learn about the audit process and controls and the during the second week, they will participate in mock audits. Requiring an attention span of more than 4 hours a day will be daunting and ineffective.
10) During the first week , all students will attend 4 hour sessions the first two days where the audit process is discussed. The remaining three days in the first week will be split between two sessions, each 4 hours. The morning session , session "A", will focus on "Auditing Financial Statements" and the afternoon session, session "B", will focus on "Auditing Information Systems' . Students will choose either session "A" or "B" depending on their functions and responsibilities within their companies.
More detail on the three offerings can be found on this website.